Lead Designer Position
Stretch your design muscle with a dynamic team of creative hustlers
Company & Culture
Proportion specializes in creative brand design services for the built environment and lifestyle experiences. Our process extends from brand strategy through identity design and collateral execution. The resulting work exhibits a balance of timeless fundamentals and modern relevance – refined to ensure leadership positioning, stakeholder connection, and sustainable brand growth.
We place great emphasis on not just the quality of our solutions, but also on the strength of our relationships in both our external partnerships and internal team. Open communication, trust, humor, and humility are the foundation of our company. Creativity, achievement, and continual exploration are celebrated pillars.
Through it all we are sure to never be overly serious in demeanor, with the belief that in the end we’re all just passengers on this big rock. Let’s enjoy the ride.
We are currently seeking a full-time, on-site Designer to manage and execute creative brand solutions across a wide variety of brand concepts. An expansive design vocabulary, attention to detail, and affinity for research are required to carry concepts from start to finish across brand strategy, identity design, and all forms of layout. A strong ability of exploration and execution within sketching, color, typography, and balance in form are necessary to develop a range of creative solutions for a diverse set of opportunities. Finally a demonstrated structure in workflow, project, and content management is expected to keep pace with a nimble, growing organization.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or similar
- 3-5+ years of directly relevant work experience required, as part of agency, in-house team, or freelance
- A portfolio of relevant work that demonstrates a strong, varied design approach & process, with specific examples of fully realized and produced projects
- Expertise in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Strong illustration and layout capabilities
- Strong attention to detail and structure in process and information
- Strong facilitation skills for project & content progression
- Strong ability to gather & translate business requirements and brand characteristics into effective and elegant designs
- Strong understanding of brand strategy techniques & process, such as workshops, persona-building, position mapping, and target audience identification
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and iterative development skills
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills to develop & articulate design rationale
- Actively aware of or involved with emerging trends in technologies, industries, and design
- Exhibit a broad understanding of multiple disciplines — visual design, photography, strategy, and systems thinking
- A love of all things design, and the enthusiasm for the creative spirit of the company
Additional Desired Credentials
- Familiarity with project management software such as Trello
- Video editing capabilities
- Digital animation capabilities
- UI/UX or web design experience/knowledge
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with an overview of you and your credentials, your resume and link to your portfolio for consideration. No recruiting agencies. No phone calls. We are not able to reply to each individual applicant. You will be contacted if you have been selected for an interview.