Project Manager – Boston, MA
Join a fun team where creative exploration is encouraged.
Company & Culture
Proportion specializes in creative brand design services for the built environment and lifestyle experiences. Our process extends from brand strategy through identity design and collateral execution.
We place great emphasis on not just the quality of our solutions, but also on the strength of our relationships in both our external partnerships and internal team. Open communication, creativity, trust, humor, and humility are the foundation of our company.
Through our mission to “make work enjoyable, make enjoyable work” we believe that in the end, we’re all just passengers on this big rock, so we should all enjoy the ride. See more about us at proportiondesign.com
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to manage and coordinate creative branding and design projects across a variety of external & internal project sizes and types. Attention to detail, excellent verbal & written communication skills, and the ability to manage & distill large amounts of information into executable deliverables are all required in helping the team carry concepts from start to finish.
Most importantly, we’re looking for a teammate with strong interpersonal skills, a good demeanor, and positive outlook.
- Work with partners to understand project goals and expectations and serve as our partner’s internal advocate.
- Manage and oversee all stages of the design process.
- Work with the creative team to ensure that deliverables are created on-time and on-brief.
- Serve as the final review for all deliverables to ensure quality.
- Manage the overall budget, schedule, and alignment to project brief of project output.
- Assist in the development of client presentations.
- Schedule and facilitate internal and external project meetings.
- Interface with external vendors to manage the production of brand collateral.
- Bachelor degree or higher .
- 3-5+ years of directly relevant work experience required, as part of an agency, in-house team, or freelance.
- A resume that demonstrates management experience across a varied set of creative and/or design projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing project schedule, scope, resources, managing vendors, and overseeing formal planning, tracking, and reporting project performance.
- Familiarity with project management and business tools such as Xero, Trello, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- Ability to gather & translate client feedback into clear deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills exhibited verbally and written.
- Attention to detail and structure in process and information.
- Strong editorial writing and proofreading ability.
- Problem-solver and explorative spirit with an appreciation for emerging trends in design and technology.
- Design layout abilities and/or an eye for “design layout proofreading” a plus to help maintain A+ quality of creative & design outputs delivered to clients.
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with an overview of you, your credentials, and your resume for consideration. No recruiting agencies. No phone calls. We are not able to reply to each individual applicant. You will be contacted if you have been selected for an interview.